DuPont Kalrez W240 perfluoroelastomer parts are a black product for photovoltaic wet manufacturing processes requiring a wide range of chemical resistance. W240 provides an excellent combination of properties (resistance to acids/bases) and is the product of choice for wet processes as an upgrade from standard elastomers, i.e., FKM, NBR, EPDM, etc. A maximum service temperature of 230°C is suggested.
Typical Physical Properties
|Hardness2, Shore M (O-ring)||79|
|100% Modulus3, MPa||7.85|
|Tensile Strength at Break3, MPa||19.08|
|Elongation at Break3
70 hr at 204 °C
|Maximum Service Temperature5
• Excellent resistance/low volume swell in a wide range of wet chemistries (acids/bases)
• Excellent resistance to amine-based chemistries versus standard elastomers
• Low metals content
• Very good mechanical strength/compression set properties
• Wet etch tools
• Roller applications for wet inline tools
• Wet chemical management systems
• Filter, pumps, etc., for wet process applications
For many applications, low volume swell/weight gain (change) of elastomers is critical for proper equipment operation. Excessive swell/weight gain (change) may cause permanent seal failure due to equipment hang-up, extrusion, etc. While other physical property testing may be needed to adequately define product performance in a particular application, volume swell/weight gain (change) is an excellent indicator of resistance to chemical attack.
Table 1 provides chemical resistance (% volume swell) test data for Kalrez® W240 in various acids, bases, solvents and water. Table 2 compares the weight gain and volume swell of Kalrez® W240 versus standard FKM in an amine-based chemistry.
Table 1: Chemical Resistance, % Volume Swell
|Chemical||Exposure Time||Temperature (°C)|| % Volume Swell
|Nitric Acid (70%)||70||85||1|
|Nitric Acid (70%)||672||85||3|
|Sulfuric Acid (98%)||70||150||3|
|Sulfuric Acid (98%)||672||150||5|
Table 2: Amine-Based Chemistry Resistance (MEA: DMSO 70:30 Mixture)
|Property||Kalrez® W240||Competitive FKM K7|
|Weight Change, %||1.0||Test Specimen Melted|
|Hardness Change, pts||-3||Test Specimen Melted|
|Surface Condition After Exposure||No Surface Degradation||Test Specimen Melted|
Warranty for Kalrez products
• Only applies to Dupont products distributed genuine in Vietnam.
• All Kalrez products are warranted if the machine fails due to manufacturer fault.
• For warranty and product maintenance, please contact Achilles, customer service phone number: 098 213 2184 (Ms. Duc).
• Achilles is the genuine supplier of products related to Kalrez DuPont.
• For retail/whole sale pricing, bulk ordering and product information advice please contact 098 213 2184 (Ms. Duc) via email@example.com or the website https://achilles.com.vn