DuPont™ Kalrez® AeroSeal™ 7800* perfluoroelastomer parts are a specialty black product that meets the requirements of Aerospace Material Specification (AMS) 7257. It offers outstanding thermal stability and compression set resistance along with excellent seal force retention properties. It also offers excellent resistance to High Thermo-Oxidative Stability (HTS) gas turbine engine lubricating oils and has excellent response to temperature cycling effects.
In some high temperature aerospace applications, fluoroelastomers and perfluoroelastomers can cause corrosion in the stainless steel and titanium O-ring grooves. In DuPont tests, Kalrez® AeroSeal™ 7800 parts minimized the corrosion of the titanium and stainless steel versus a typical high temperature perfluoroelastomer seal. (Figure 1)
Kalrez® AeroSeal™ 7800 parts have good mechanical properties and are well suited for both static and dynamic sealing applications. A maximum temperature of 325°C (617°F) is suggested. Short excursions to higher temperatures may also be possible. For additional test data, please contact DuPont.
Typical Physical Properties
Outstanding thermal stability and compression set resistance
Excellent seal force retention properties
Excellent resistance to high thermo-oxidative stability (HTS) gas turbine engine lubricating oils
Excellent response to temperature cycling effects
Excellent mechanical properties
Low corrosion on metals after exposure to high temperature
The groove made of Titanium using the Kalrez® AeroSeal™ 7800 O-ring did not exhibit metal corrosion or
discoloration versus a typical high temperature FFKM.
Test Protocol for Comparison Test:
• Groove made of Titanium
• Counterpart made of Stainless Steel 316L
• O-ring was dipped in to Air BPTO 2197 before assembly
• Test temperature: 250°C
• Test duration: 1000 Hours
Warranty for Kalrez products
• Only applies to Dupont products distributed genuine in Vietnam.
• All Kalrez products are warranted if the machine fails due to manufacturer fault.
• For warranty and product maintenance, please contact Achilles, customer service phone number: 098 213 2184 (Ms. Duc).
• Achilles is the genuine supplier of products related to Kalrez DuPont.
• For retail/whole sale pricing, bulk ordering and product information advice please contact 098 213 2184 (Ms. Duc) via firstname.lastname@example.org or the website https://achilles.com/.