DuPont™ Kalrez® 4079AMS perfluoroelastomer parts are a specialty black product that meets the requirements of Aerospace Material Specification (AMS) 7257. It offers outstanding thermal stability, excellent compression set resistance and good seal force retention properties. It also offers excellent resistance to HTS (High Thermo-Oxidative Stability) gas turbine engine lubricating oils and has good response to temperature cycling effects. Kalrez® 4079AMS has good mechanical properties and is well suited for both static and dynamic sealing applications. A maximum continuous service temperature of 316 °C (600 °F) is suggested. Short excursions to higher temperatures may also be possible.
Typical Physical Properties
|Hardness Shore A, (pellet) (test ASTM D2240)||
|100% Modulus,MPa (psi) (test ASTM D412)||
|Tensile Strength at Break, (MPa) (test ASTM D412)||
|Elongation at Break, (%) (test ASTM D412)||
|Compression Set, (%) 70 hr at 204 °C, )%) (test ASTM D395B)||
|Temperature of Retraction, Tr10 °C (°F) (test ASTM D1329)||
|Maximum Service Temperature5, °C (°F)||
• Outstanding thermal stability
• Excellent compression set resistance
• Excellent resistance to high thermo-oxidative stability (HTS) gas turbine engine lubricating oils
• Good seal force retention properties
• Good response to temperature cycling effects
• Good mechanical strength properties
Comparative Compression Set Resistance
DuPont™ Kalrez® 4079AMS exhibits improved resistance to compression set at elevated temperatures versus Competitive FFKM B4.
|Test Conditions (phương pháp ASTM D395B và ASTM D1414)||Kalrez® 4079AMS||Competitive FFKM B4|
|336 hr at 250 °C, %||46||82|
Resistance To Standard And HTS Gas Turbine Engine Lubricating Oils
For many applications, low volume swell of elastomers is critical for proper equipment operation. Excessive swell can lead to material softening, “nibbling”, extrusion, etc., causing premature seal failure to occur. While other physical property testing may be needed to adequately define product performance in a particular application, volume swell has historically been used as an indicator of an elastomers chemical resistance to a particular fluid. Figure 1 shows the long-term volume swell for Kalrez®4079AMS versus three different types of FKM compounds in both standard and HTS gas turbine engine lubricating oils after 1008 hours at 232°C (450°F). Kalrez®4079AMS exhibited very low volume swell versus the FKM compounds tested.
Figure 1. Long-Term Volume Swell In Standard* and HTS** Gas Turbine Engine Lubricating Oils.
1008 hours at 232 °C (450 °C) — Oil Changed Weekly
Warranty for Kalrez products
• Only applies to Dupont products distributed genuine in Vietnam.
• All Kalrez products are warranted if the machine fails due to manufacturer fault.
• For warranty and product maintenance, please contact Achilles, customer service phone number: 098 213 2184 (Ms. Duc).
• Achilles is the genuine supplier of products related to Kalrez DuPont.
• For retail/whole sale pricing, bulk ordering and product information advice please contact 098 213 2184 (Ms. Duc) via firstname.lastname@example.org or the website https://achilles.com/.