For Semiconductor Oxidation, Diffusion, ALD, and LPCVD Applications
DuPont™ Kalrez® 8900 perfluoroelastomer parts are a black product for oxidation, diffusion, ALD, and LPCVD applications. It offers outstanding thermal stability, very low outgassing and excellent (low) compression set properties. Kalrez® 8900 parts exhibit excellent retention of physical properties at elevated temperatures, have excellent mechanical strength and are well-suited for both static and dynamic sealing applications. A maximum application temperature of 325°C (617°F) is suggested. Short excursions to higher temperatures may also be possible. Ultrapure post-cleaning and packaging is standard for all Kalrez® 8900 parts.
Typical Physical Properties
|Hardness, Shore A (plied slabs) (test method ASTM D2240)||
|Hardness, Shore M (O-ring) (test method ASTM D2240 & D1414)||
|100% Modulus, MPa (psi) (test method ASTM D412 & D1414)||
|Tensile Strength at Break, MPa (psi) (test method ASTM D412 & D1414)||
|Elongation at Break (%) (test method ASTM D412 & D1414)||
|Compression Set, %70 hrs.at 204 °C (400 °F) (test method ASTM D395B & ASTM D1414)||
|Compression Set, %70 hrs.at 250°C (482°F) (test method ASTM D395B & ASTM D1414)||
|Compression Set, %70 hrs.at 325 °C (617°F) (test method ASTM D395B & ASTM D1414)||
|Maximum Service Temperature °C (°F)||
• Outstanding thermal stability
• Excellent (low) compression set properties
• Very low outgassing properties
• Very low moisture content
• Excellent retention of physical properties at elevated temperatures
• Excellent resistance to fluorine gas
• Quartz Tube Seals
• Plenum Seals
• Chamber Seals
• Center Ring Seals
Low Outgassing of Kalrez® 8900 parts
The crosslinking structure of elastomeric seals can become damaged as a result of exposure to high heat and temperature spikes. As a result, elastomeric seals can degrade causing outgassing to occur. Outgassing from sealing materials can be absorbed by the exposed substrate and affect the properties of the grown film. Figure 1 shows the outgassing properties of Kalrez® 8900 versus a competitive perfluoroelastomer.
Fabs Choose Kalrez® 8900 for Improved Performance
Kalrez® 8900 has been reported to significantly improve wafer production in semiconductor thermal process applications where aggressive gases are used during the cleaning cycle.
Case Report #12007 —Improved PM Performance 3x at Major US Fabline
• Exhibited less degradation than incumbent seals after 6 months in service
• Equipment Platform — Hitachi Kokusai Quixace®
• Process — Oxidation Diffusion
• Process Chemistry — H2, O2, N2, N2O
• Cleaning Chemistry — HCl
• Seal Locations — Complete Chamber O-ring kit
Warranty for Kalrez products
• Only applies to Dupont products distributed genuine in Vietnam.
• All Kalrez products are warranted if the machine fails due to manufacturer fault.
• For warranty and product maintenance, please contact Achilles, customer service phone number: 098 213 2184 (Ms. Duc).
• Achilles is the genuine supplier of products related to Kalrez DuPont.
• For retail/whole sale pricing, bulk ordering and product information advice please contact 098 213 2184 (Ms. Duc) via email@example.com or the website https://achilles.com/.