DuPont™ Kalrez® 0090 perfluoroelastomer parts deliver durable, reliable sealing solutions for applications requiring excellent rapid gas decompression (RGD) properties as well as high hardness and high modulus properties. Some application areas include downhole equipment such as drilling and completion tools as well as industrial equipment including pumps and valves. Kalrez® 0090 has been certified by two independent labs (see Table 2) to meet rigorous requirements for resistance to RGD. In addition to demonstrated RGD resistance, DuPont™ Kalrez® 0090 seals have other chemical and temperature properties that provide superior performance.
• Chemical resistance: Kalrez® parts withstand attack by more than 1800 chemical substances. Kalrez® 0090 can be resistant to sour multi-phase fluids containing H2S as shown by the external NORSOK M-710 Rev 2 Sour Fluid ageing resistance certification provided by MERL (UK).
• Broad temperature capability: Kalrez® 0090 retains high levels of resilience up to temperatures as high as 250 °C (482 °F) and down to –21 °C (–5.8 °F). Under pressurized sealing conditions, Kalrez® 0900 has demonstrated low temperature performance down to –40 °C (–40 °F) in customer laboratory tests*.
Typical Physical Properties
|Hardness, Durometer Shore A||95|
|50% Modulus, MPa (psi)||14.18 (2057)|
|Tensile Strength at Break, %||19.49 (2827)|
|Elongation at Break, %||80|
|Compression Set—O-rings, 70 hr at 200 °C (392 °F), %||33|
|Compression Set—Pellets, 70 hr at 200 °C (392 °F), %||19|
|Compression Set in Nitrogen —O-ring, 336 hr at 250 °C, %||35|
|Upper Service Temperature, °C (°F)||250 (482)|
|Lower Service Temperature, °C (°F)||–21 (–5.8)|
|Tg, °C (°F)||–7.4 (18.68)|
|Tr10 , °C (°F)||–7.4 (18.68)|
|Volume Swell, % change|
|Steam, 225 °C (437 °F), 672 hr||<5|
|Ethylenediamine, 90 ° C (194 ° F), 672 hr||<5|
|H2S / CO2 (65% / 35%), 220 ° C (428 ° F), 672 hr||<5|
Table 2. Highest NORSOK and TOTAL Rating Demonstrates Outstanding RGD Resistance of DuPont™ Kalrez® 0090
|NORSOK M-710 (Rev. 2) Certified||TOTAL GS EP PVV 142 (Rev. 5) Qualified|
|Rating||No internal cracks, holes, or blisters||No internal cracks, holes, or blisters|
|Gas||90/10 mol% CH4/CO2||80/20 mol% CH4/CO2|
|Temperature||100 °C (212 °F)||75 °C ±2 °C (167 °F ± 3.6 °F)|
|Pressure gradient||15 MPa (~2200 psi)* to ambient||19 MPa (~ 2756 psi) * to ambient|
|Decompression rate||2 MPa/min||12.67 MPa/min|
|Cycling||10 cycles, one every 24 h||5 cycles, one every 24 h|
|Size||BS 1806 size 312||BS 1806 size 349|
|Section diameter||5.33 mm, nomina||5.33 mm, nomina|
|Groove fill||67%, nominal||73%, nominal|
Warranty for Kalrez products
• Only applies to Dupont products distributed genuine in Vietnam.
• All Kalrez products are warranted if the machine fails due to manufacturer fault.
• For warranty and product maintenance, please contact Achilles, customer service phone number: 098 213 2184 (Ms. Duc).
• Achilles is the genuine supplier of products related to Kalrez DuPont.
• For retail/whole sale pricing, bulk ordering and product information advice please contact 098 213 2184 (Ms. Duc) via firstname.lastname@example.org or the website https://achilles.com/.